Managing or Changing SubscriptionsChanging Type Of E-Notification
The North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State will send a default email notification to those entities which have provided the Department with an email address on their annual report filing when any document is filed on the company profile.
As a subscriber, you have the option to receive an e-notification for “all filings” or only those filings which may result in a “status change.” This option is yours.
The subscription company listing includes the following columns: Entity Name; Entity Type; and Entity Status. The following three columns provide your subscription options:
- All Events
- Status Changing Events
The default E-Notification is “Status Change” for all entities on your subscription list. This default is automatic when you subscribe. You will receive an E-mail for entities on your subscription list when their status changes or is about to change.
Status Change Events include:
- Annual Report related status change to the profile, whether the entity is Active, but not current or Active and on Notice of delinquency.
- Notice of Grounds for Administrative Dissolution
- Certificates of Administrative Dissolution
- Suspensions by the Department of Revenue and Licensing Boards
- Name Change Amendments
- Voluntary or Judicial Dissolutions
- Mergers – merging out of existence
You can change to “Status Change” notifications:
- For all entities on your subscription list by clicking “Change All to Status Change Events” at the top of the page,
- For specific entities on your subscription list by clicking the circle “Status Change Events” next to the entities’ names.
The “All Event” option means that you will receive an E-mail notification when any document is filed for entities for which you have subscribed. For example, you will receive an e-mail notification when a business entity that you have subscribed to has filed an amendment to change the registered agent or principal office information, when it files an annual report or when the Department posts a Notice of Grounds for Administrative Dissolution or Revocation on the profile.
You can change to “All Events”:
- For all entities on your subscription list by clicking “Change to All Events” at the top of the page,
- For specific entities on your subscription list by clicking the circle “All Events” next to the entities’ names.
Change Your Mind?
If you designate something as “Change to All Events,” you can always change it back to “Status Change Events” individually by selecting the appropriate circle next to the entity name or for all entities by clicking “Change All to Status Change Events.”