Where can I get registration forms?
You can find application forms on our Forms Page
Who has to register under the membership campground law?
There are 2 different kinds of registrations.
- Membership campground operator: You have to register as a membership campground operator if you:
- Own a campground and offer or sell membership contracts for it, or
- Operate a campground and offer or sell membership contracts for it.
- Membership campground salesperson: You have to register as a membership campground salesperson if:
- You’re not a campground operator, and
- You make a direct sales presentation and offer to sell someone a membership campground contract.
Is there anyone who doesn’t have to register?
Yes, there are some exceptions for both types of registration.
- Membership campground operator: You don’t have to register if you:
Membership campground salesperson: You don’t have to register if you:
- Refer a possible buyer to a campground salesperson, and
- You don’t make a direct sales presentation to the possible buyer.
Where does my campground have to be located?
The campground must be located in North Carolina.
How long will it take you to process my application?
Within 30 days after we get the complete application from you, we’ll let you know if it’s ok. We’ll tell you if it’s accepted or rejected. If we reject your application, we’ll tell you why.
How long does my registration last?
Registration is for one year and is renewed each year.
How often should I renew?
You should renew each year within 30 days of the registration date.
How much does it cost to register?
Membership Camping Operator@Html.Partial("~/Views/Fees/_Membership_Camping_Act_Operator.cshtml")
Membership Camping Salesperson@Html.Partial("~/Views/Fees/_Membership_Camping_Act_Salesperson.cshtml")
When do I have to pay the fee?
You have to include the fee with your application for registration or renewal. If you don’t include it, your application won’t be complete and we won’t be able to process it.
Is there a deadline for renewing my registration?
Yes, there’s a deadline that’s based on your registration date. You can find the date on our letter approving your registration. The renewal deadline is one year from that date.
File the renewal application at least 30 days before the renewal deadline.
An example: We approve your initial application on August 31st this year. Next year, you’ll need to send us your renewal application by July 31st for it to be timely.
Will you send me a reminder when it’s time to renew my registration?
No, we don’t send out reminder notices. If you’re not sure what your deadline is:
- Look at the letter we sent you when we approved your application. The date on that letter is your registration date. You use that date to figure out when you have to file your renewal application.
- If you can’t find the letter or need other help, Call Wendy Haynes at 919-814-5400 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org:
What do I have to do to register?
There are several things you have to do to register. Some of them are complicated enough that you may want to consult a lawyer to help you go through them. The steps include:
- Preliminary things like: find a campground location. Make sure you have the legal right to use it for a campground.
- Complete the application form.
- Make sure that you have all the attachments to include when you send in your application. Some of the required attachments are:
- A certified copy of the legal document giving you the right to use the location for a campground.
- A sample of the documents the membership buyer will either get from you or have to sign. These include things like:
- The contract or agreement the buyer will have to sign;
- The documents the buyer will get when the contract’s executed;
- A copy of a statement disclosing certain required information to the prospective buyer.
- Send the completed application to us. You must include the registration fee when you send the application to us.
I want to cancel my registration. What do I have to do?
- You have to notify us. There’s not a form for this, so just send us a letter on your letterhead.
- You may also have other things you have to do, such as notify the members of your membership campground. You may want to consult a lawyer to be sure you do everything you need to.
How do I contact you or submit a document?
- Mailing Address for Regular Mail:
NC Secretary of State
Post Office Box 29622
Raleigh, North Carolina 27626-0622
- Street Address for Overnight Mail:
NC Secretary of State
2 South Salisbury Street
Raleigh, North Carolina 27601-2903