North Carolina Board of Examiners for Speech and Language Pathologists and Audiologists
The Licensure Act for Speech and Language Pathologist & Audiologist was enacted in order to provide regulatory authority over persons offering speech and language pathology and audiology services to the public.
Denise Sherwood email@example.com
Telephone (336) 272-1828
Fax (336) 272-4353
Procedures, Laws and Guidelines
Below is a summary of the procedures, laws and guidelines to obtain a professional business entity license through the NC Board of Examiners for Speech and Language Pathologists and Audiologists (NCBOESLPA).
Bookmark the link to the NCBOESLPA for future reference.
Procedure to Create a Professional Business Entity
- Download and complete the appropriate business entity creation document from the Forms link on the Business Registration Division website.
- Submit a copy of the Articles of Incorporation/Organization and the fee of fifty dollars $50.00 to the Board.
- The Board will examine the document and provide the Certificate required for filing with the Secretary of States’ Office.
- Submit the creation document along with the Board’s certification to the Business Registration Division of the Secretary of State’s Office for filing with either $125 for a domestic entity (North Carolina) or $250 for a foreign entity receiving a Certificate of Authority.
Pursuant to N.C.G.S. §55B-10, “No professional corporation shall open, operate, or maintain an establishment for any of the purposes set forth in this Chapter without first having obtained a Certificate of Registration from the licensing board or boards.”
North Carolina Statutes - Secretary of State
- Chapter 55B
- Chapter 55D
- Chapter 57D-2-02
North Carolina Statutes - Speech and Language Pathologists and Audiologists
North Carolina Administrative Code
- 18 NCAC 04 .0318 - Authorization of Foreign Professional Corporations
- 18 NCAC 04 .0502 - Words Prohibited in Aliition to Statutory Prohibitions
- 18 NCAC 04 .0503 - Deceptively Similar and Distinguishable Names
- 18 NCAC 04 .0504 - Filing Fictitious or Assumed Name for Foreign Entity
NC Board of Examiners for Speech and Language Pathologists and Audiologists