North Carolina Board for Licensing of Soil Scientists
In 1995, the N.C. General Assembly passed House Bill 826, "An Act to Provide for the Licensing of Soil Scientists". The North Carolina Soil Scientist Licensing Act (N.C. General Statutes 89F) defines the practice of soil science and establishes standards and requirements for licensing of soil scientists. The practice of soil science as defined encompasses many activities related to environmental quality.
Alan Clapp firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedures, Laws and Guidelines
Below is a summary of the procedures, laws and guidelines to obtain a professional business entity license through the NC Board for Licensing of Soil Scientists (NCBLSS).
Bookmark the link to the NCBLSS for future reference.
Procedure to Create a Professional Business Entity
- Download and complete the appropriate business entity creation document from the Forms link on the Business Registration Division website.
- Download and complete the appropriate application from the forms link on the Board’s Main webpage.
- Submit the application and a copy of the Articles of Incorporation or Organization with and payment in the amount of $55.00 to the NCBLSS.
- The NCBLSS will examine both documents and if sufficient, will provide a Certification of Application for your use in filing with the Secretary of State’s Office.
- Submit the creation document along with the Board’s certification to the Business Registration Division of the Secretary of State’s Office for filing with either $125 for a domestic entity (North Carolina) or $250 for a foreign entity receiving a Certificate of Authority.
- Submit a filed copy of the Articles of Incorporation/Organization from the Secretary of State’s Office to the NCBLSS. The NCBLSS will then issue a Certificate of Registration.
Pursuant to N.C.G.S. §55B-10, “No professional corporation shall open, operate, or maintain an establishment for any of the purposes set forth in this Chapter without first having obtained a Certificate of Registration from the licensing board or boards.”
North Carolina Statutes - Secretary of State
- Chapter 55B
- Chapter 55D
- Chapter 57D-2-02
North Carolina Statutes - Soil Scientists
- Chapter 89F -Soil Scientists
- 89F-6 - Corporate, LLC, Partnership or sole proprietorship practice of soil science.
North Carolina Administrative Code
- 18 NCAC 04 .0318 - Authorization of Foreign Professional Corporations
- 18 NCAC 04 .0502 - Words Prohibited in Addition to Statutory Prohibitions
- 18 NCAC 04 .0503 - Deceptively Similar and Distinguishable Names
- 18 NCAC 04 .0504 - Filing Fictitious or Assumed Name for Foreign Entity