North Carolina Marriage and Family Therapy Licensure Board
The North Carolina Marriage and Family Therapy Licensure Board was established to ensure that the public has a means of protecting itself from the practice of marriage and family therapy by unprofessional, unauthorized, and unqualified individuals.
Wanda R. Nicholson firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedures, Laws and Guidelines
Below is a summary of the procedures, laws and guidelines to obtain a professional business entity license through the NC MFT Licensure Board.
PLEASE REFER TO THE BOARD’S WEBSITE FOR EXPLANATIONS OF TYPES OF LICENSES AND OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION.
Bookmark the link to the NC MFT Licensure Board for your future reference.
Procedure to Create a Professional Business Entity
- Download and complete the appropriate business entity creation document from the Forms link on the Business Registration Division website.
- Download and complete an application from the “Forms” Link of the NC MFT Licensure Board website.
- Submit two copies of the Application, a copy of the Articles of Incorporation/Organization and payment in the amount of $50.00 to the NC Marriage and Family Therapy Licensure Board.
- The MFT Licensure Board will examine both documents and if sufficient, will return one copy of the application along with a Certificate to the applicant with approval and seal of the NC Marriage and Family Therapy Licensure Board. This certified application and/or certificate is to be used for filing with the Secretary of State’s Office along with the Articles of Incorporation/Organization.
- Submit the Articles of Incorporation/Organization along with the Board’s certification document to the Business Registration Division of the Secretary of State’s Office for filing with either $125 for a domestic entity (North Carolina) or $250 for a foreign entity receiving a Certificate of Authority.
- Submit a certified filed copy of the Articles of Incorporation/Organization from the Secretary of State’s Office. The Board will then issue the Certificate of Registration.
Please allow up to 30 days from the date of mailing for receipt and processing of all applications and related materials sent to the North Carolina Marriage and Family Therapy Licensure Board.
North Carolina Statutes - Secretary of State
- Chapter 55B
- Chapter 55D
- Chapter 57D-2-02
North Carolina Statutes - Marriage and Family Therapists
North Carolina Administrative Code
- 18 NCAC 04 .0318 - Authorization of Foreign Professional Corporations
- 18 NCAC 04 .0502 - Words Prohibited in Addition to Statutory Prohibitions
- 18 NCAC 04 .0503 - Deceptively Similar and Distinguishable Names
- 18 NCAC 04 .0504 - Filing Fictitious or Assumed Name for Foreign Entity