North Carolina Board of Landscape Architects
The North Carolina Board of Landscape Architects was established by legislation in 1969 to register professional landscape architects. The purpose of registration is the protection of public health, safety and welfare.
Barbara Geiger firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedures, Laws and Guidelines
Below is a summary of the procedures, laws and guidelines to obtain a professional business entity license through the NC Board of Landscape Architects.
PLEASE REFER TO THE NC BOARD’S WEBSITE FOR EXPLANATIONS OF TYPES OF LICENSES AND OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION.
Bookmark the link to the NC Board of Landscape Architects for your future reference.
Procedure to Create a Professional Business Entity
- Download and complete the appropriate business entity creation document from the Forms link on the Business Registration Division website.
- Download and complete the Application For Organization Certificate of Registration from the forms link on the NC Board of Landscape Architects website.
- Submit the Board of Landscape Architects application, required supporting documentation (including a copy of the creation document from the Business Registration Division website) and the $100.00 application fee to the NC Board of Landscape Architects.
- The Board of Landscape Architects will examine these documents and if sufficient, will provide a Certificate of Application.
- Submit the original creation document along with the original Board’s Certificate of Application to the Business Registration Division of the Secretary of State’s Office for filing with either $125 for a domestic entity (North Carolina) or $250 for a foreign entity receiving a Certificate of Authority.
- Return a filed copy of the Articles of Incorporation/Organization from the Secretary of State’s Office to the Board of Landscape Architects. The Board will then issue the Certificate of Registration.
- You must complete all steps above in order to receive your license number from the Board.
North Carolina Statutes - Secretary of State
- Chapter 55B
- Chapter 55D
- Chapter 57D-2-02
North Carolina Statutes - Landscape Architects
North Carolina Administrative Code
- 18 NCAC 04 .0318 - Authorization of Foreign Professional Corporations
- 18 NCAC 04 .0502 - Words Prohibited in Addition to Statutory Prohibitions
- 18 NCAC 04 .0503 - Deceptively Similar and Distinguishable Names
- 18 NCAC 04 .0504 - Filing Fictitious or Assumed Name for Foreign Entity
NC Board of Landscape Architects
- 21 NCAC 26 .0204 - CORPORATE PRACTICE
- 21 NCAC 26 .0205 - FORMS OF PRACTICE
- 21 NCAC 26 .0206 - NAME OF FIRM