North Carolina Board of Registration for Foresters
The North Carolina Board of Registration for Foresters was established with the passage of G.S. 89B. This Chapter requires that anyone who uses the designation ‘forester’, ‘registered forester’, or any other descriptive terms that include the words ‘forester’ or ‘registered forester’ and that directly conveys that the person is a forester must be registered with the Board. This benefits and protects the public by improving the standards for the practice of professional forestry in North Carolina.
Procedures, Laws and Guidelines
Below is a summary of the procedures, laws and guidelines to obtain a professional business entity license through the NC Board of Registration for Foresters (NCBRF).
Bookmark the link to the NC Board of Registration for Foresters for future reference.
Procedure to Create a Professional Business Entity
- Send a letter to the NCBRF requesting a certificate be issued in the business name you want to do business under. The Board will then send you the Certificate to file with the Secretary of State’s Office.
- Download and complete the appropriate business entity creation document from the Forms link on the Business Registration Division website. Please use the name as Used on the Certificate.
- Submit the creation document along with the Board’s certification to the Business Registration Division of the Secretary of State’s Office for filing with either $125 for a domestic entity (North Carolina) or $250 for a foreign entity receiving a Certificate of Authority.
Pursuant to N.C.G.S. §55B-10, “No professional corporation shall open, operate, or maintain an establishment for any of the purposes set forth in this Chapter without first having obtained a Certificate of Registration from the licensing board or boards.”
North Carolina Statutes - Secretary of State
- Chapter 55B
- Chapter 55D
- Chapter 57D-2-02
North Carolina Statutes - Foresters
North Carolina Administrative Code
- 18 NCAC 04 .0318 - Authorization of Foreign Professional Corporations
- 18 NCAC 04 .0502 - Words Prohibited in Addition to Statutory Prohibitions
- 18 NCAC 04 .0503 - Deceptively Similar and Distinguishable Names
- 18 NCAC 04 .0504 - Filing Fictitious or Assumed Name for Foreign Entity
NC Board of Registration for Foresters
- 21 NCAC 20 .0103 - QUALIFICATIONS FOR REGISTRATION
- 21 NCAC 20 .0116 - REVOCATION OR SUSPENSION