North Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
The North Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners is responsible for licensing individuals and entities who wish to offer chiropractic services in North Carolina. The board examines for licensure and protects the public by enforcing the general statutes that relate to chiropractic healthcare.Tom Sullivan - Executive Director
Below is a summary of the procedures, laws and guidelines to obtain a professional business entity license through the NC Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NCBCE).
Bookmark the link to the NCBCE for future reference.
Procedure to Create a Professional Business Entity
- Download and complete the appropriate business entity creation document from the Forms link on the Business Registration Division website.
- Download and complete the appropriate application from the Incorporation Forms link or Download Center on the Board's Main webpage.
- When the Certificate of Incorporator and Application for Certificate of Registration have been executed, please return them to the Board office, along with four (4) copies of the Certification by the Board of Chiropractic Examiners of the State of North Carolina. The Board will execute the Certification and return three (3) copies to you. The original should then be filed with the Secretary of State. Please include the fee in the amount of $50.00 with the documents to NCBCE.
- Submit the creation document along with the Board's certification to the Business Registration Division of the Secretary of State's Office for filing with either $125 for a domestic entity (North Carolina) or $250 for a foreign entity receiving a Certificate of Authority.
- Submit a filed copy of the Articles of Incorporation/Organization from the Secretary of State's Office to the NCBCE. The NCBCE will then issue a Certificate of Registration.
Pursuant to N.C.G.S. §55B-10, “No professional corporation shall open, operate, or maintain an establishment for any of the purposes set forth in this Chapter without first having obtained a Certificate of Registration from the licensing board or boards.”
- Chapter 55B
- Chapter 55D
- Chapter 57D-2-02
- 18 NCAC 04 .0318 - Authorization of Foreign Professional Corporations
- 18 NCAC 04 .0502 - Words Prohibited in Addition to Statutory Prohibitions
- 18 NCAC 04 .0503 - Deceptively Similar and Distinguishable Names
- 18 NCAC 04 .0504 - Filing Fictitious or Assumed Name for Foreign Entity