Filing a Paper Annual Report
The process to file a paper annual report takes longer and costs more than filing online. The steps include:
- Searching for your business entity name;
- On the search list window, double-click on the company name;
- This is the profile page for the company. At the top of the page you will see links. One of these links is “File an Annual Report.” Seasonally, we also provide a quick link from the Main Secretary of State’s Home Page. Click this and it will take you to a listing of all annual reports previously filed for the company and the initial creation document.
- At the top of the page is a statement directing you to click the statement to print out a pre-populated annual report. Click the link.
- The PDF will have downloaded, you may need to click at the bottom of the screen to open the document.
- As you can see, we have some information already populated. Check the report for fiscal year date and all information showing. If you see a blank field, other than the listing of additional officers, company officials or partners, fill them in.
- Once completed, make sure it is signed, dated, and the signature and capacity of the signer is included on the document.
Mail to P.O. Box 29525, Raleigh, NC 27626-0525 or bring it into the office. Include the appropriate filing fee for your specific company type.
- Business Corporation $25.00
- Limited Liability Company $200.00
- Limited Liability Limited Company $200.00